Having successfully made it through changing out the seal between the distributor cap and the injection pump a few months ago, I figured that changing out the top cover seal and the QA seal would be a snap, especially since I just got VAG COM. Not so. I went to scribe marks on the for the QA and scribed them on the wrong surface, so I’ve been hammer modding my way back to normal rpms and something close to the right injection quantity. Still a long way to go, and I hammered the ever-loving fuck out of my hand today in the process of stopping a runaway engine.
Still, I like mechaniking away on my car. It always feels so damn good to be in control of your life.